Greetings Seminole Tribe of Florida families and students,
The Center for Student Success and Services is working remotely and available to continue to support your educational needs. As we work to continue uninterrupted services, please note the following updates:
1. On this website, you will find the most updated CSSS contact information while we work remotely. You can reach us by phone or by email under the Contacts tab.
2. Higher Education – If you have questions about your Billy L. Cypress Scholarship please reach out to the Higher Education team for Q&A, or if you simply have any Higher Education questions. As most schools figure out their summer on-line classes, don’t forget to communicate with your Higher Education Advisor as it relates to your summer on-line classes; especially if you are a senior graduating from High School – let us help you with your transition to college or vocational trade school.
3. K12 Program – Reach out to us with your Distance Learning Q&A, and we will continue to support you and your kids to the best of our ability. In addition, K12 teams are setting up conference calls with schools to check in on Distance Learning and how we can support our families during this time. As it pertains to the K12 Private School scholarship, please note that we have extended the deadline for the K12 Private School Scholarship until further notice.
Recently, the Gov. of Florida stated that all K12 Public Schools will remain on Distance learning for the remainder of the 2019.20 school year. We can help you look into whether your private school is also doing the same.
4. Library – All 4 libraries remain closed until further notice.
5. Tribal Professional Development Program – The TPD program has been in contact with all ACD, WEP, and Spring SWEP participants for support. The program has put other future planning on hold until we get back to normal operations.
6. Tutoring Program – Virtual "On-line" Tutoring services are now available; Please reach out to us so we can facilitate continuous services. If you are a new student, please reach out to us so we can provide a tutoring request form, and get you started as soon as possible. Lastly, we have provided access to On-line SAT and ACT preparation for students – keep an eye out for that flyer and imbedded link!
Thank you all for your patience during this time. If we have missed an important point, please contact us with your questions. We are available for support, and partnership. Aside from this, we wish nothing but health and positivity while you all continue your remote learning.
The Center for Student Success and Services